Well, honestly, I am sort of mixing up while my first time using the corpus-based system, albeit it was really helpful for the English learner. However, after trying several times, I can finally realize the best way of using it, especially from the Concordancer and collocation retrieval systems (CCRS). Just like a searching engine, CCRS helps me know more about the sentences patterns and the grammar rules only within few clicks, and if I want to know more about the usage of word that can’t find from the dictionary, CCRS can solve my question by providing numerous example.
Nevertheless, to fully understand the word should make use of dictionary and corpus-based system both. The dictionary can offer the definition and the origin of the word, and Corpus-based system tool could let us dabble further in the art of English.

It's true that using these corpus-based tools could be very difficult at the very first time.
ReplyDeleteYou seem to see their strength after several tries.
You're right, from the example sentences, we could either see the patterns or generate the grammar rules.