It is the big task ever for English department to hold on an important and huge conference in such limited of time. And luckily, after 3 exhausted days, especially for the students who is one month shy from graduation, we finally get over with it successfully.
The preparation before the conference was heavy and bothersome; however, I got a special experience by playing my role---a caterer. As a caterer, we have to make sure the guests are fully satisfied with the foods and drinks served in these days. The timing is essential; we divided it into three parts, the breakfast, lunch, and afternoon tea time, to make everyone pleased and full, which provided me more time to sneak into the conference.
There are several different applied linguistics related topic conferences held in three days, but only few of them are related to computer learning. I sneaked into the one called Corpus and Linguistics and Its Application, presented by Jason S. Chang, Hao-Jan Chen and Zhao-Ming Gao. It focuses on the introduction of linguistic corpora and how to use them efficiently while doing research. However, due to the time limitation, I can only sneak in for 15 minutes and have to go out to serve people. It was really sad that I sign to cater crew, which made me unable to participate the conference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I remembered that you didn'show up until noon, right? And also, you must have been full to the throat that day cause I caught you eating the snack each time I passed by. what a wonderful job a caterer is!!
ReplyDeleteReally? You did not show up until noon? That's why you missed most of the presentations?
ReplyDelete